Raymarine New MFD software LightHouse IIDate November 10, 2013
By Hudson Marine Electronics
Raymarine has Introduced a completely redesigned MFD software – LightHouse II.
All latest generation aSeries, cSeries, eSeries and gS Series multifunction displays supplied by Hudson Marine will come with LightHouse II software pre-loaded for free.
Over 20 New Features, Including
• aSeries multifunction displays with LightHouse II will now support multi-touch pinch-to-zoom
• Multiple network sonar support. Users can now easily switch between digital and CHIRP DownVision™ sonars
• Greatly improved waypoint search and organization tools. Users can now search waypoints by location, name or symbol
• All new and improved waypoint symbol library with larger waypoint symbols
• Support for importing and exporting waypoint and routes in the popular GPX file format
• Expanded waypoint and route ETA and TTG calculation displays
• New databar auto-hide feature for maximising the screen displays
Clear and simple design, smarter, sharper and more powerful…
The high-contrast colour and bold new design of LightHouse II gives clear readability and ease-of-use in all lighting conditions.
Re-designed for clarity and simplicity, LightHouse II’s fluid touchscreen experience makes accessing navigation information as simple as using a smartphone.
New menus make navigating to your favourite features quicker than ever, while toggle keys clearly indicate which features are enabled or disabled. Customise the menu with dark or light menu palette options.
LightHouse II also features a new DataBar Auto-Hide feature for maximum on-screen viewing.
Waypoints and routes are simple…
LightHouse II has all-new waypoint sorting and searching options; making it easy to find, retrieve, and navigate to all your saved hotspots and destinations.
LightHouse II supports up to 200 waypoints per route and uses the popular GPX file format for simple transfer.
Introducing LightHouse Charts for US Waters….
The redesigned LightHouse II enables support for Raymarine’s new LightHouse Vector and Raster Charts. Derived from freely available NOAA charts, LightHouse Charts are the simple solution for navigating U.S. coastal waters.
The LightHouse II chart engine is engineered for the future, allowing Raymarine to offer new LightHouse chart types and regions from around the globe.
LightHouse II also supports industry-leading Navionics vector charts including Navionics new community-sourced Sonar charts.