Raymarine Dragonfly7 Now In StockDate February 13, 2014
By Hudson Marine Electronics
Raymarine has introduced a
new 7” display version of its award-winning Dragonfly® Sonar/GPS – the Dragonfly7. Since its launch last year, Dragonfly’s high-performance, dual-channel CHIRP sonar and GPS chartplotter combination has taken the fishing world by storm; bringing the power and crisp detail of advanced CHIRP DownVision™ sonar to inland and coastal anglers at a very affordable price. The new Dragonfly7 steps up the screen-size with a best-in-class 7” widescreen display and comes with the added advantage of optional overhead mounting, whilst maintaining tilt-and-swivel capability.
Like the original Dragonfly, the larger display Dragonfly7 is incredibly easy to use; the intuitive Uni-controller lets anglers quickly dial through DownVision, sonar and GPS menu displays with ease. Dragonfly7 uses CHIRP technology to transmit across a wide spectrum of sonar signals – the result is much higher fidelity sonar returns in both DownVision and fish-targeting sonar modes.
Engineered for high performance and simple operation with automatic sonar optimisation, Dragonfly7 has 2 dedicated CHIRP sonar channels enabling anglers to enjoy simultaneous views of both fish-targeting sonar and lifelike DownVision imagery using the dual-sonar, split-screen display mode. A gallery of the best Dragonfly images sent in by Raymarine customers from around the world can be viewed at http://www.raymarine.com/Dragonfly-winning-images
Dragonfly and Dragonfly7 Key Features Summary
• Photo like imagery of bottom structure using CHIRP DownVision™
• CHIRP powered Dual Channel sonar. View high resolution DownVision™ structure images and target fish with CHIRP sonar simultaneously using dual sonar mode
• Perfectly matched dual-beam CHIRP transducer with a wide 60° x 1.4° fan beam for DownVision™ imagery plus a conical 25° beam for targeting fish
• High accuracy temperature sensor built into the transducer
• Choice of transom-mount, thru-hull plastic or thru-hull bronze transducers
• Built in 50 channel GPS sensor with fast-acquisition technology
• Available with industry-leading Navionics charts included on microSD
• New waypoint symbols and waypoint management – search by name, symbol or area
• New GPX file format to support the saving, transfer & archiving of waypoint data
• Support for Lighthouse US Vector & Raster chart downloads
• Support for the display of Navionics SonarCharts & Community Edits (Freshest Data program)
• Simple user interface for easy access to menu options and display choices
• Ultra-bright 1500 nit optically bonded sunlight display for maximum readability in all conditions
Availability: April 2014
Click links below to find Specifications and pricing.