Actisense EMU-1 NMEA 2000 Engine Monitoring Unit
The Actisense EMU-1 is a specialized analogue to NMEA 2000 Gateway which converts data from analogue engine gauges/senders into NMEA 2000 data. The EMU-1 enables the sharing of engine data throughout the NMEA 2000 bus. It digitises analogue engine sensors, enabling NMEA 2000 display devices to monitor the connected engine(s) on a vessel.
The EMU-1 can monitor vital engine parameters such as temperature, pressure RPM and fluid levels from up to two engines.
- Enables analogue signals to be converted to NMEA 2000 messages
- Convert signals from up to two engines (that share a common ground) with a single EMU-1
- 6 gauge / parameter inputs
- 4 alarm inputs
- 2 additional auxiliary inputs
- 2 Tacho inputs
- Customised IP65 case
- Diagnostic LED’s
- Wide power compatibility of 9 to 35 Vdc
The EMU-1 has a PC based configuration tool that allows the settings inside the EMU-1 to be changed to best suit the engine it is working with, making it a flexible solution for many engine makes and models. An Actisense PC to NMEA 2000 Gateway (NGT-1) is required to configure the EMU-1.
It is recommended that an NGT-1 is available for every EMU-1 installation. The NGT-1 can be used to update the firmware, connect the Toolkit and display data on a PC for diagnostic and information purposes, using NMEA Reader. Please visit the NGT-1 page for product details.
An optional DIN rail mounting kit is also available. The kit is suitable for use with a top hat rail, type EN 50 022 or a G section rail, type EN 50 035. Please order the DIN rail kit using part number: 005-DIN-KIT-1.
- No need to change an existing engine
- Easy installation
- Easy to configure to suit the connected engine
- Connect signals from fluid level gauges (that share a common ground with the engine) to NMEA 2000®
- Optional DIN rail mounting kit available
- Total engine hours are logged by the monitoring of engine Tach (RPM) input