Raymarine Autopilots Explore
Race, cruise or fish - Evolution will take command
No fuss, easy to install and robust - the Evolution autopilot combines Raymarine's autopilot expertise, FLIR Systems' R&D, and advanced aerospace guidance technology to create Evolution Ai control algorithms that deliver a new level of accurate autopilot control.
- Automagic™ - No lengthy calibration procedures to perform. No compass calibration required. Plug and play connections
- Easy to install - Freedom from the restrictions of conventional heading sensors. EV sensor core can be installed above or below deck. Install upside-down or off the vessel's centre line.
- Aerospace technology - 9-axis precision monitoring of pitch, roll, yaw and heading
- Fuel efficient - Evolution autopilots steer so accurately they will save fuel and get you to your destination faster
Easily selectable performance modes
Race Performance - When only the best will do. Razor sharp course keeping. Fine-tuned for racers!
Cruising Performance - Superb course keeping and crisp turns in all conditions - the Raymarine skippers choice
Leisure Performance - For relaxed boating, when soaking up the sun is more attractive than precise course keeping
The EV Sensor Core
At the centre of every Evolution system is the intelligent EV sensor core, a 9-axis sensor that monitors vessel motion in all three dimensions. The innovative EV sensor core combines advanced solid-state sensors with the Evolution autopilot processor into a single easy-to-install housing.
Mount the EV sensor core above or below decks, the rugged enclosure is fully sealed and built to IPX6 and IPX7 waterproofing and submersion standards.
EV Sensor Core Benefits
- Precision monitoring of heading, pitch, roll, and yaw allowing the autopilot to evolve instantly as sea conditions and vessel dynamics change.
- Flexible installation options. Mount above or below deck.
- Simple SeaTalkng connectivity to the control head and ACU.
- Solid state sensor technology delivers dynamic accuracy to within 2 degrees in all conditions.
- Auto-compensation for on board magnetic fields and reliable heading accuracy in the northern and southern extremes.
- Fast and reliable heading data for MARPA, radar overlay, and heading modes on Raymarine multifunction displays.
Autopilot Control Unit (ACU)
The rugged ACU (Actuator Control Unit) delivers reliable autopilot drive power and also provides power to the SeaTalkng bus. Choose the ACU that fits your steering type:
|ACU-100||Wheel, tiller and 0.5 ltr Hydraulic|
|ACU-150||Type-1 Hydraulic Drive Unit|
|ACU-200||Type 1 Raymarine hydraulic, linear and rotary mechanical drives|
|ACU-300||For solenoid controlled steering systems and Raymarine constant running hydraulic pumps|
|ACU-400||Type 2 and 3 Raymarine hydraulic, linear, and rotary mechanical drives|
EV-1 Cockpit and Inboard Autopilots
EV-1 autopilots consist of a Control Head, EV-1 Sensor, Autopilot Control Unit (ACU) and drive unit. The drive unit (inboard mechanical/ hydraulic or cockpit mounted) and correct ACU for your vessel is dependent on the steering system and displacement of the vessel itself.
EV-2 for Drive-by-Wire Propulsion
EV-2 has been designed for the latest drive-by-wire steering systems and connects directly to Raymarine's SeaTalkng bus. EV-2 also has a dedicated CAN Bus port for direct connection to steer-by-wire steering systems - such as ZF Pod Drives, Yamaha Helm Master, Volvo IPS and SeaStar Solutions Optimus systems. A single CAN Bus connection to the EV-2 eliminates the need for an Autopilot Control Unit (ACU) further simplifying installation.
p70s and p70Rs Autopilot Control Heads
The Raymarine p70s autopilot control head is a push-button operation controller designed primarily for sailboats, while the Raymarine p70Rs autopilot control head, with its combination of push-buttons and rotary control dial, is aimed at powered craft.
- 3.5” super bright oversized LCD for maximum visibility
- All weather, low power, optically bonded display technology delivers brighter colours, sharper contrast, and a wide viewing angle
- Button or rotary control options for sail and power applications
- Supported autopilot modes: Auto; Standby; Pattern; Track; Wind Vane; Power Steer and Jog Steer
- Display the pilot information in different formats with automatic 3-step setupfor leisure, cruising and performance
- Simple system and group dimming / illumination
- Easy to use Lighthouse user interface with sculpted rubber keypad for precise operation in all conditions
- SeaTalkng networking for seamless connectivity to Raymarine systems and NMEA2000* networks
- New glass bridge industrial design compliments Raymarine eS and gS Series multifunction displays
- Supplied with both black (eS Series style) & (e Series style) gunmetal bezels and protective suncover
Autopilot control from Raymarine MFDs
Control your Evolution Autopilot directly from your Raymarine Axiom, Axiom Pro, aSeries, cSeries, eSeries or gS Series multifunction display. Note that your multifunction display must be running Raymarine's LightHouse II software and that some autopilot functionality may not be available if your system does not include a dedicated autopilot control head.